We are hikers, mountain bikers, equestrians, dog owners, cross country runners, historians, writers, and neighbors — all dedicated to maintaining, preserving and enhancing the rich natural legacy that was originally the home of the late 19th Century poet and environmentalist, Joaquin Miller.
Join the Friends today!
By joining Friends of Joaquin Miller Park (FOJMP), your donation is put directly into programs that improve 500-acre Joaquin Miller Park for all its many users. Recent accomplishments include adding the off-leash dog area, rerouting eroding trails, creating a new trail map, and installing interpretive signs and directional trail markers.
FOJMP has a number of programs that might be of interest to you:
• Working to maintain Joaquin Miller’s Abbey & restore the Woodminster Cascade
• Restoration work at the Fern Ravine wetlands and nearby redwoods
• Improving the gates at the dog off-leash area
• Continuing to improve trail safety, usability by installing trail signs
• New entrance portal on Joaquin Miller Road
Come work with us on these and other projects to make the park more visitor-friendly and help improve trail safety.
Once again, welcome, and we’ll see you on the trail, at the dog run, in the theater, or volunteering on a restoration project!